Propane is an affordable and efficient energy solution to power and warm your home or farm. But improperly handled propane can cost your home, business, farm and even your life. That’s why it’s crucial to follow propane safety best practises and use caution while handling propane or fuel tanks.
Some propane safety measures to take while handling propane tanks:
- It’s wise to avoid storing portable propane tanks in basement or living space.
- Another propane safety measure is to never leave portable propane or fuel oil and kerosene tanks in closed vehicles.
- Always secure portable propane or fuel oil and kerosene tanks while transporting.
- Make sure to contact experienced propane or fuel oil and kerosene service retailers to connect tanks to appliances.
- Do not use propane gas for BBQ grills inside the house or enclosed area.
- One of the important propane safety measures is to never use propane stoves for space heating purposes.
What to do when you smell gas!
- If you ever smell gas, immediately extinguish all smoking materials.
- In case you suspect leakage of propane gas, get everyone out of the surrounding area.
- Make sure to turn off all supply gas of your propane tanks.
- In case of emergency, if you cannot reach 911, make sure to call your propane supplier once you are away from the leak.
- Unless your emergency responders declare the area to be safe and secure, do not return to the area.
- Always check your heating system. Ask your propane retailers to check for leaks before using any of your propane appliances.
If you have any questions or concerns about the propane safety measures then feel free to contact us at Mount Airy Oil & Gas for more information!
Fuel Oil & Propane Delivery, Service & Installation to the Triad & Southwest Virginia
Your home heat and comfort is our top priority. Our team of delivery and service professionals are trained and insured.
For over 50 years Mount Airy Oil & Gas has provided the Triad NC & Southwest Virginia homes and businesses with Propane, Fuel Oil & Kerosene.
- Commitment to Customer Satisfaction & Safety
- Competitive Fuel Pricing
- Trusted Trained Professional Service Techs
- Emergency 24hr Service
- Geo-coded Computer Dispatched Trucks
Need Help When Your Furnace or Appliance Goes Out?
We have the best service techs in the NC Triad & Southwest Virginia and as a Mount Airy Oil & Gas customer you have access to them 24hrs a day. Our service staff have been through rigorous training and have years of hands on experience.
Whether you need service, repair or installation for your home, business or farm we are here for you.
We specialize in:
- Fuel Oil / Kerosene Furnaces
- Propane Gas Furnaces
- Propane Gas Water Heaters
- Propane Gas Logs or Fireplaces
- Monitor or Toyo Stove Heaters
- Propane Gas Ovens and Dryers
- Propane Generators
- Agricultural Propane Gas or Oil Heaters
Contact Us or Request New Service
We love to hear from our customers! We strive for great customer service and should reply within 1 business day. For faster service you can always give us a ring at 336-786-7660. We look forward to speaking with you!